Monday, July 6, 2009

Die Hard With A (Furry) Vengeance

(Yes, yes, I have been a delinquent blogger. Lets just exchange a silent apology, an embarrassed smile and pretend it never happened. Catch up? June was a big event in NYC, a week at home in Jersey with the fam and lots....and lots...of rain. Feel better? Ok, good.)

Email has become a tedious fellow, trapping us for hours at work and bogging us down in our free time as we rummage through offers for free HDTVs from Bernie & Phyl's. However, I received a lovely surprise the other day from my friend E, a fellow tall lass, alerting me to an ongoing Boston Casting Call:

Boston Casting is Seeking tall women (6'1 and above) for extra work on the upcoming Brendan Fraser film "Furry Vengeance." They are looking specifically for tall women that could play construction workers.

A quick check of IMDB reveals the following about the project:

In the Oregon wilderness, a real estate developer's new housing subdivision faces a unique group of protesters, local woodland creatures who don't want their homes disturbed.

Uhhhhh, can we say AMAZING? This inspires so many questions: Would my tall construction worker be on the side of Brendan Fraser or standing up for the right of the woodland creatures? Would I get to fight said woodland creatures (who I can only imagine would be animated, voiced by - if I could only be so lucky - Ben Stein or perhaps John Goodman??)? What would my costumes entail? Why would they be shooting a movie set in the "Oregon wilderness" in Boston? Most importantly, why is it crucial that these construction workers be tall ladies? Are we scarier? Or is it the startling height difference between the tall ladies and the woodland creatures that would give this soon-to-be cinematic classic its core dramatic tension?

My curiosity peeked, I sent the casting agent an email with a few pics. She did respond - to ask for a full body shot, hmmmm ok? - so I still have faith that this could be my big break. I'm not really the "construction worker" type BUT if Brendan Fraser can pretend that this movie isnt the death of his career (well, after this monkey of course) then I am sure I can pull it off.

Stay tuned for news on my (eventual) big break - tall construction ladies of the world, rejoice!

4 comments:

  1. oh my god you are going to be in a movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you rent "North Country" starring Charlize Theron for inspiration. Not story though, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if this were only an animated movie it would be TOO PERFECT... although i dont know that they'd need a tall person to do a voice over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually ended up getting this gig and was just searching for any sign of hope that I'd made it into the movie . . . we'll see how it turns out on Friday when it opens. I have a feeling they passed you over because you are too pretty. . . they told me they didn't want anyone to compete with Brooke. . . at which point I pondered offense. ah well. . . show biz.

    ReplyDelete