Monday, June 1, 2009

Dinner & A Movie: Movin On UP


So I took my own advice this weekend and went to see the new Pixar flick, UP. Since most of my current readership consists of my good friends, old teachers, fellow bloggers and my mom, I don't have to spin too long an explanation explaining two of my great loves in life: going to the movies and going out to eat. But for the uninitiated, here's a quick nugget:

I went to Boston University to study television and film but that doesn't really justify the need/want/desire to see at least one new movie a week. Think that's just some oddity some of us are born with and spend the rest of our lives trying to earn enough money to justify spending $11/week. Add to that my true passion, FOOD/DINING OUT, and I figured here was as good a place as any to do a recurring series on Dinner & A Movie, Boston style.

Sunday afternoon at Loews Boston Common and my friend B and I opted NOT to go to the 3D version of UP (even that felt a bit much for my 30-yr old self). It was crowded, not at all shocking, but I love a movie on opening weekend because there is just a vibe in the air - it's my justification for putting up with sticky floors and crying babies. Regardless of the audience though, UP delivered, and delivered big. This movie is driven by some of the best drawn out (no pun intended) characters a movie's ever seen, regardless of animated or not. Carl, Russell, Kevin,Doug - a combination of heartfelt moments, wacky storytelling and just good honest heart-warming Disney magic. Go see this movie. You won't regret it, regardless of age or stature.

And if you're looking for a pre or post movie snack fix, check out the Kinsale at City Hall Plaza. Just a few blocks walking distance from the Lowes, it offers free parking (up to 3 hours) on weekdays after 6pm. Try finding that near the theater district! Good grub, trivia on Wed nights and a kick ass turkey burger that will remind you that sometimes a burger can be a non burger and still be damm tasty.

So there you have it - Dinner & A Movie, my first go. Up & Kinsale. Do it up!

1 comment:

  1. 3-hr free parking? That's insane... they just won my business.

    ReplyDelete